Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am glad blood comes back....

Weird to think, but I am glad that when blood gets drawn, or you donate blood to the Red Cross, that over time your body is able to sustain itself and gain back the blood you lost. This morning I went over to the lab here in town with the orders that were given to me by my fertility doctor. I must say, going through that list of tests that have to be done, I feel like I should be dieing or something. When I say that I have to have over ten different blood tests ran and three different urine tests done, hopefully that will give you an idea of what I am going up against soon. The lab lady who helped me figure out what I needed to do to prepare myself for this lab work looked at me and said, "my goodness girl, this is lot of stuff." Umm, yeah, no kidding! LOL The good news is that I can do it here in town, only a few minutes from my house. I have to fast for most of the tests, so it will be an early morning draw, and they can pull enough blood from me to get all the tests ran so that I don't have to come back over and over for each test. That is positive! Seriously though, I feel like I am walking around now with a serious malfunction in my body. Hopefully these tests will come back normal and then I can go back to feeling like I am not dieing! haha Oh did I mention that for one of the tests I have to pee in a container the ENTIRE day? Yep, 24 hour urine collection...OH THE FUN! I think I wish I was a guy for this particular test...way easier to get all the "goods" in there. haha I am funny! I am hoping it get into the lab on Tuesday to get the blood sucked out of me. After that all I have to do is wait for the results and the bills (because this lab work stuff is a very pretty penny!)

In other news, we have been toying around with the idea of adoption again...although we have a few different elements we are looking at, as well as agencies, and locations this time around. Fun huh?
Photobucket


2 comments:

Chelsi Chipps said...

Dude?! 24 HOUR COLLECTION!!!! YUCK! Good luck my love. *Maybe you can get them to just put a catheter in so that way it's already collected for you!* too much? Ok, so maybe it is, but I bet it made you smile! :)

Love you!

the milners said...

Okay, but if the tests come back normal, doesn't that mean you still don't have any answers???
And btw, I've never seen a "pretty" penny. Shiny, yes. But not pretty. Things like this usually turn out very ugly in that department. :)
Oh, another btw, our appt got moved to monday - let the fun begin, right? But I'll still call you tomorrow pm.