When I am behind on my blogging, you can guarentee that once I start updating things, C-baby will be the highlight of it all....I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone, right?! LOL
Yes, it is true, C-baby runs my life and my camera, what can I say? If he wasn't so freakin' cute, maybe the camera wouldn't love him so much....NAH, that is a big lie....no matter what, the camera will never shy away from any one of my babies! It will be weird for me to be a foster parent because I will definitely take lots of pictures of the babies we get in our home, but because of confidentiality rules, I will not be able to post them. If we end up adopting a baby, then I will just have to post the scrapbook pages of their life to catch you up I suppose. Isn't that weird? I think so. Speaking of foster care, today Joel and I finished everything we needed to do on our end to be legally eligable for fostering. We did our CPR class and fingerprinting today. We were told that starting tomorrow we will be on the list and could recieve a baby at any time. That kind of freaks me out a little because there are so many factors that we wont know about until the baby is here....almost sounds like what we had to go through with thoughts on adoption, but this time we know we will be getting a baby soon, we just don't know what we will need. If we get a baby boy, we will only need to buy diapers, newborn bottles, and that is probably all...BUT if we get a baby girl...........we will have to buy the works, like clothing, hair bows, etc. I have a few connections here in town with friends who are going to hook me up with their baby girl clothes, but that is only once their babies grow out of it...and well, that could be a while. haha We are both very excited and a little nervous about this new adventure in life, but I know it will be worth it. We feel so good about this decision that there is no backing out. Yes, I will be tired again, and yes, I might have a few moments of freaking out, but hopefully I will have an excersicing program set up where I get to go work out for at least an hour a day at night while Joel plays super dad....and of course, I have friends who I can go to for help if I need it. What a blessing that is! I am planning on still working while we do foster care unless it becomes too hard on me and the children, but I think we will be good. I am currently in the market for a good pack and play, a double stroller/jogging stroller, and some bottles. If you have any that you would like to shoot my way, let me know and I can arrange payment for shipping!
Before I go, on a totally unrelated topic....my birthday is in month. I am going to be 25 years old!! WOW...oh and I GET TO CELEBRATE MY FIRST OFFICAL MOTHER'S DAY! I can't wait! Do you have any fun party ideas for me?? I am running on empty in that category....
Yes, it is true, C-baby runs my life and my camera, what can I say? If he wasn't so freakin' cute, maybe the camera wouldn't love him so much....NAH, that is a big lie....no matter what, the camera will never shy away from any one of my babies! It will be weird for me to be a foster parent because I will definitely take lots of pictures of the babies we get in our home, but because of confidentiality rules, I will not be able to post them. If we end up adopting a baby, then I will just have to post the scrapbook pages of their life to catch you up I suppose. Isn't that weird? I think so. Speaking of foster care, today Joel and I finished everything we needed to do on our end to be legally eligable for fostering. We did our CPR class and fingerprinting today. We were told that starting tomorrow we will be on the list and could recieve a baby at any time. That kind of freaks me out a little because there are so many factors that we wont know about until the baby is here....almost sounds like what we had to go through with thoughts on adoption, but this time we know we will be getting a baby soon, we just don't know what we will need. If we get a baby boy, we will only need to buy diapers, newborn bottles, and that is probably all...BUT if we get a baby girl...........we will have to buy the works, like clothing, hair bows, etc. I have a few connections here in town with friends who are going to hook me up with their baby girl clothes, but that is only once their babies grow out of it...and well, that could be a while. haha We are both very excited and a little nervous about this new adventure in life, but I know it will be worth it. We feel so good about this decision that there is no backing out. Yes, I will be tired again, and yes, I might have a few moments of freaking out, but hopefully I will have an excersicing program set up where I get to go work out for at least an hour a day at night while Joel plays super dad....and of course, I have friends who I can go to for help if I need it. What a blessing that is! I am planning on still working while we do foster care unless it becomes too hard on me and the children, but I think we will be good. I am currently in the market for a good pack and play, a double stroller/jogging stroller, and some bottles. If you have any that you would like to shoot my way, let me know and I can arrange payment for shipping!
Before I go, on a totally unrelated topic....my birthday is in month. I am going to be 25 years old!! WOW...oh and I GET TO CELEBRATE MY FIRST OFFICAL MOTHER'S DAY! I can't wait! Do you have any fun party ideas for me?? I am running on empty in that category....
2 comments:
party idea #1: come and visit chelsi.
party idea #2: come and visit chelsi.
party idea #3: come and visit chelsi...... i think I'm beginning to see a patern starting.
thanks for all the pictures and updates. good luck with the foster care thing...you are brave.
on a totally side tangent, we now know why your baby hair challenged. i have been browsing the baby name book recently (nothing new, just found it and decided to "read" it again...lol) anyway, the baby name book says : Calvin (Latin) bald. !!! it made me smile. =)
Post a Comment