Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here Come Peter Cotton Tail...Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail...

EASTER, EASTER, EASTER!!
I pretty much love Easter! Getting things together for the big hunt is always so exciting. Plus, getting a package from my mom was so much fun! (LOVE THAT..KEEP EM' COMING!!) As I was preparing the baskets and goodies, I was going to just buy things for my own basket, but thought that it was stupid, so I asked Joel if he wanted to go to the store with some money to buy stuff for my basket...he loved the idea and I didn't have to worry anymore about that! All in all, it was a pretty fun day!







THE BASKETS

Making the baskets for the guys was a ton of fun...although when it came time to put them together I had realized that I had WAY TOO MUCH stuff to put in it! haha As a tradition in my family for Easter, the baskets were always the hardest item to find during the hunt. Joel's basket was hidden in the dryer, Levi's was in his bathroom hidden between the shower curtains, and Carter's was hidden behind the DVD holder in the entertainment center. C-baby had it easy though...his basket was right in the middle of the floor!



THE HUNT


Usually the egg hunt would have been a little bigger, but we never dyed our eggs that we hard boiled, so I (ahem, i mean the Easter Bunny) hid plastic eggs full of candy around the house. The eggs were hidden in the living room, kitchen, and loft. Each of the guys were able to find 11 eggs. Once they got all their eggs, they had to wait for everyone to find the rest. I think that they had a lot of fun...at least I hope they did! I can't wait to do this tradition each year as our family grows bigger! Although, I might do this on Saturday instead of Sunday, but I haven't quite decided yet.






C-Baby

C-baby had a fun first Easter as well. Nanna sent us a fun package that had some great toys and yumm yumms for him. unfortunately we were only able to get this one picture of C-Baby in his Easter best...he didn't make it through church in it. :o)




THE FEAST


For Easter dinner I gave assignments so that everyone contributed. Carter made a very delicious cheese bread and brought dessert. Levi supplied the liquid beverages and made a very tasty spinach, feta cheese, and cranberry salad. Joel and I tag teamed and cook London Broil on the smoker and made homemade mash potatoes. We were stuffed after just a few bites. It was OH SO GOOD!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for making Easter so nice for my three sons! You are the best! I hope Marnie and Logan don't see this blog or I'm in trouble. Of course they got baskets full of Easter Joys but not a single hunt!What happened to
Carter's nose?? The first picture of Calvin looks like...."I'm not trusting any pink eggs, especially with writing on them". Picture 1 of Carter holding Calvin...."Carter eats the egghead while the egghead eats the bunnie. Loved the stop action photo of Levi dropping almonds into the salad. And may I just say that those Easter baskets were the biggest and fullest I have ever seen!

David and Kimber Strasser said...

I have to agree with Rana, those are the biggest and fullest baskets I have seen. I will post our Easter adventures today. I am late on those. Calvin looks very handsome in his easter best! Too bad he didn't last long. My kids looked very nice as we left for church too, but by the time we got home to take pictures they didn't look as nice. But since church is at 9 not much time to take pictures.