Now before you go getting all offended by the title of this blog, you need to know that there is a reason for the title......today, I went and got two shots for my new adventure in life, being a substitute for the after school programs that are held here in Green River working with kids from kindergarten to eighth grade. It will help keep me sane and give me variety until we are able to get finalized for fostering. I can work as little or as much as I want and am lucky enough to have Jody living close so she can watch Calvin while he plays with his cousins. I am also going to be helping out with a "Mommy and me" type of class that does allow me to bring Calvin. It should be fun, and much needed since I am pretty much going crazy here because I have practically zero friends and am trying desperately to avoid depression (although somedays are better than others). Those shots that I got hurt, and they will for the next few days....but you got to do what you got to do.
Today I got a box from my good friend Heather....she has recently lost 40lbs and counting, and looks AMAZING I might add!!!! She had quite the build up of clothes that she no longer fit into, so I graciously offered my assistance in helping her forget what she once was. It was perfect, really...I have been living with two maybe three pairs of jeans (although I only really wore one of them) the rest of the time I just kicked it in sweats or pjs all day long....now, I have an abundance of pants and can wear a different pair every day of the week, plus a few days....HOW AMAZING IS THAT? Seriously, Christmas has come early for me! I promised her that I would do a fashion show sometime, and so, in a few days, I will probably post a few pictures of me in my new, super cute, clothes! Really, i am so excited!
In other news, Calvin turns 4 months on Monday! Can you belive it?? I mean really, 4 months already?!?!! He has his check up on Tuesday, which means he will have a "shotty" day as well...I think he is due up for 4 shots, poor fella! He is very active and will be starting cereal very very soon. He has out-grown most of his 3 month clothes, and I have found myself putting him in 6 month sleepers for bed because he is so long that the 3-6 sleepers are pretty tight on him. He loves bath time, jumping in his jumper, playing with himself in the mirror, reading with daddy, and screaming....
As for Joel and me, we are both doing good. Joel still loves his job and is starting to learn more of the ropes. He has been traveling around a lot going to claims and will be on his own in no time. I have created a chore chart for myself to try to stay on task everyday...it only works some of the time, but I know it will work great once I get a little more motivation behind me pushing me forward. We are going to be traveling to Utah next week for Thanksgiving to see my parents, brother/sister-in-law, and my grandparents. My parents and brother are drive to Utah for the holiday. I am very excited to introduce Calvin to my grandparents, as he is the first great grandbaby on their side. How fun!!! We will spend a few days down there and then return home....probably to snow.
And finally, please participate with me in MaNiC MoNdAy...it is so much fun to see everyone's pictures, and once it gets going, I think we will have a good amount of people playing along....so tell your friends and get them involved to!! (to find out more about manic monday, go to my label cloud on the right side of my blog and select it)
2 comments:
Hey girl. Hang in there, shots are no fun. I should know since I give lots every day. So have you started the process to foster or is it an idea.... Congrats on the new job, that sounds great. Sounds like joel is doing good too. ps lots of movement in that "shotty" arm.
I'm sorry :( that sucks about the shots. I don't like them either.
No luckily Doug does not have what I have. He's a butt head, he never gets sick. haha.
I think Doug and I are gonna go see Twilight again :] loved it so much!! haha
Post a Comment