Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Week, New Goals and New Attempts at being better......(cough, yeah right...cough)

Here I am....proof that I am still alive, and pregnant! haha Joel took this picture of me yesterday, and incase you are wondering, I am 30 weeks as of today. :) 

I pretty much look at this poor and neglected blog almost everyday, thinking that maybe today will be the day I will sit down and update stuff....guess what, today is actually that day that I am doing it! haha It is pretty pathetic that there are only a few posts scattered about on this from the last year.  But, I am very very busy, and a mother of two very entergetic toddlers, pregnant, and an owner of my own business so I have an excuse!  It seems like this pregnancy is flying by. I am getting more and more anxious and nervous about actually having to deliver a baby. I pretty much had a mental break down yesterday about it, but I think I am good today. 

If you haven't been keeping up, I do have a seperate pregnancy blog that I have been keep and that is private. Let me know if you want an invite to it, and I might grant your wish...if you are lucky! Bwaha

Now onto the updates I guess: 

Joel:  Joel is currently serving as the second counselor in the Young Men's Presidency in our ward and oversees the 12-13 year old Scouts. He is gone a lot more than I like, but like much in my life, I have to deal with it...granted I complain, A LOT. He is still loving his job as a fire claims adjuster for State Farm and he is out traveling the state daily. I am lucky enough to have him home most nights, although there are  a a few nights that I have to attempt to keep my composure and do the single parent gig. He has recently found an addiction to play Black Ops on our XBox360 and he does more cleaning of the house these days then I do. This weekend he is going to go camping in Boise for his 5th annual "man weekend".  Also, not excited about it, but tradition is tradition and the guys worked around my pregnancy to find a time that was safe for Joel to be gone. 

Calvin: Calvin is a very very very active 2.75 year old. His 3rd birthday is right around the corner, and I just can't believe it. He has been seeing a speech theripist for almost two months now and is making good progress on his expression of needs and communicating better with us as days go on. He struggles to use consenents when he puts words together, and the speech gal is working on different things to help him remember to dictate and express his feelings. I have learned a few tricks as well, and together he will hopefully be up to speed in the next few months. He is very against the idea of potty training, although we have been slowly implementing it into our day to day routine. I am pretty sure he will still be in diapers when the baby comes, which is something I really would like to avoid, but I struggle to find energy to be on top of the messes that come when attempting the hardcore training. His favorite objects these days are trains and race cars. He is in 3T pants and shirts, although there are times he wears 4T as well. He is in a size 10 shoe and he is very independent. He will start preschool in September.

Bailey: Bailey is a follower. Slowly but surely she is making her wants and desires known, although that typically means turning into a diva and throwing fits. She keeps me busy in converstation and is always very proud of different things that she can accomplish. She loves to talk about babies and is often times found playing with herself and her toys, or running after Calvin trying to get him in trouble. If she is talking to you, she will find a point in the converstation to put out her finger and say "oh, just a minute, be back....k"...then she waits for acknowledgement and goes to get something and bring it to you. She is pretty good at talking when she wants to, and she doesn't let too much get in her way.  She has taken to potty training pretty well, but is struggling with the concept of pooping in the potty. She will ALWAYS come tell me the second she has pooped in her diaper, but she never seems to want to express the desire until after the deed is done. I am hoping to have her potty trained by the time the baby comes. I just need a few days of focusing strictly on that, and then all will be well. (i hope!)  


Me: I am going crazy....absolutely bonkers!  Between tending to my two crazy children, dealing with a mildly difficult pregnancy, owning a business and finding time to get all my work done, cleaning my house, preparing a nursery, and doing everything else moms/wives do....I never have time to get everything done. My list of "to dos" gets bigger by the day and all I seem to be able to do is daydream about sleeping. It is true...I could go for some awesome sleep all day everyday if possible! Wyoming is treating us good and it is starting to feel more like home.  I have a handful of amazing friends.  It is not certain how long we will be here, but as days turn to months and months to years, it looks like we might be here longer then first thought. Next year we will probably start looking for our next adventure, but the plan is only to apply for jobs that will take us somewhere that we want to go. No need leaving here if it isn't for something even better I guess.  

3 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Great update. Your belly is ADORABLE!! You look great for being 30 weeks! Seriously.
Potty training is the hardest thing with parenting a child I think.... well so far. :)
My first took a good few months to potty train, and I used potty training in less than a day. I would not recommend it.
For my second, I started at the same age as my first (girl) but HE was potty trained in a week! We used potty training in three days, payed $25 for the ebook and it was worth every penny! He was in essence potty trained in 3 days, but perfect about a week after. He even stayed dry at night from the beginning. I am a total "potty training in three days" advocate. I hear you on not having three or even two in daipers at the same time! (Two at different ages/stages is different than your current two, at least to me. When its different sized diapers you are dealing with its so hard.)
Here's the link if you're interested. :) Good luck!

Unknown said...

Well I think Calvin and Owen are a lot alike. We have the same problems with Owen on communication and talking.

The Bluths said...

I kept meaning to check up on you to see how the pregnancy was going and to see if you ever found car seats :)

I would love to see your pregnancy blog. My email is ashleyDOTbluth@gmail