Thursday, July 1, 2010

{Preparing for a Vacation...of a lifetime?}

Awe the joys of family vacations. As a kid, we rarely went on any, and if we did...I certainly don't remember them! Joel and I's last "vacation" was probably when he returned home from Iraq and we spent a week in Hawaii. Sure we have gone home to our families and visited, and although they are like vacations, it doesn't really feel like it because it is familiar areas. Does that make sense? (speaking of going home, have I mentioned how excited I am?! It will be fun to introduce B-Baby to all of our friends!)
Well, coming up soon, we will be taking a LONG road trip to Nauvoo for a week. (which really isn't a week because we will be spending the first two days driving, then three days there, then two day driving back)...fun right!?! I sure hope so! I am so excited to travel unknown territory. I am not excited however to deal with the kids, but I am praying for priceless picture opportunities and fun activities we can do with the kids along the way. Of course I will have my computer with me, and when possible, I will upload pictures of our trip and update. It will probably be a lot of phone updates, but you like that right?!
In other news, I got my hair done on Monday at the beauty school in town....personally, not recommended. I have gone to may beauty schools in my day, and this one was by far the worst one ever. The instructors were practically hidden and well the chic who did my hair...let's just say I would NEVER have her do it again. :) Monday was just a wreck. The hair sucked and I was so upset. So i went back and scheduled an appointment for her to fix it (which I have never done before in my life...if I hated it i sucked it up...but this was just too bad!). I went in this morning to get it fixed and it is still nothing like I wanted...but it is livable. Seriously extremely bold and different, but it just is going to force me to keep my makeup fresh and my hair styled. If I can do that, then I will be good as gold! :) I just hope people don't think I am going through a mid life crisis or something. haha

1 comment:

Guh said...

uh... pictures?!

i know, i know, i know... facebook. but i am lucky to even TOUCH my computer long enough to delete the spam from my mailbox. help a girl out!