Monday, July 13, 2009

I am trying,,,,really i am




Is it normal to be so sad, yet so happy to the days leading up to your child's first birthday? Well, those are my emotions...and they are only getting stronger each day as we head towards the 24th. I can't believe my baby boy is going to be 1. I can't even believe that I have a baby boy sometimes! HAHA Well, C-baby is going to be spoiled hardcore this birthday...he is having 3 different parties! I know, I am a cool mom! Party #1 is going to be here in Green River on the 21st (because we will be gone for his real birthday but want to give him is presents in a cute fun way), party #2 will be a dinner with Cassandra (C-baby's birthmom) and her family who haven't met him before (this will take place on the day of his birth), and party #3 is going to be the biggest shindig Keizer has seen in a dogs age! We are planning the funnest get together with all our friends, it will be A BLAST!

C-baby's one year appointment is this week...how crazy! I am very excited to show how he has progressed this past year. He is starting to walk more and more on his own and the is saying words like, "mama" "dada" "baba" and I think he says more too, but it is hard to tell at times...he also signs more when we are eating too...it is cute! He is the love and gem of my life and I am so grateful that he has been able to be a part of our family!

I have been crazy busy lately, and I mean CRAZY BUSY!! It is a rare treat for me to sit down on the computer and enjoy myself for an hour it seems. But, like always, I will try very hard to post more pictures or at least update life when I have a moment or two. For now, enjoy what you get! HAHA

3 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

i felt the exact same way when McCoy turned one in december. it is a weird feeling. i think i was sad because i didnt want to forget about the special way he came into our family and time was going way too fast.

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Hi Lila~

I have been feeling the same way the past couple of weeks! So happy, but tinged with sadness. Our girls turned "1" on Friday and I am having to face the fact that my little babies are no longer babies! They are growing up so much. And it seems like they grew up so very much on their actual birthday. They are walking around and talking like crazy. Though, I have no idea what they are trying to say! Looking back it is amazing to even think they were tiny & helpless at one point.

It truly is a miracle they way our children have come to us Brenley & Lila.

Congrats on C-Baby turning one soon!

Erin said...

YAY for parties!!!! I'm glad you get to go home for Calvins first birthday that will be fun. We still need to figure out a set day to get together. Let me know :0) Love you guys!