Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Explanation of NERT

This is kind of a tricky one, because the word "NERT" was on of those things I married into. Joel and his family/friends have used that word for some time. NERT or NRT (depends on which of us you are talking to to determine the spelling) is a filler word that can be used in such instances as replacing the word lame, stupid, ridiculous, hello, goodbye etc. Also it is common to use to tell someone that you disagree with what they are saying. Could also be used to make fun of someone and/or to tell someone off, like "nert you jerkface!"

This probably doesn't help explain it really, but it is the best I can do for the moment. Joel would be the best one to ask about this, so someday I may have him blog about it.......maybe not, we will see!

NERT you later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good explanation, Lila. It covers most of the bases for sure. I'm so glad you were able to explain it all to me. NERT!

Amanda said...

I used to play a games called Nerts. It's kind of like Solitaire. Anyway, I think many families have their own unique words they use. Or they use words differently than others. I remember being made fun of for calling Diarhea "THE diarhea." LOL, just how our family said it.

I have a step sister who uses the word "Renard." Quite obviously used to insult her friends.

Anonymous said...

nert