Monday, December 15, 2008

Sleeping Update

Calvin likes to hold his own bottle now a days.....it is pretty cute!

We also thought that it was high time he started liking some of the things we like...LOL





Alright....sleeping update....Good news to report!

On Friday we decided to rent a movie for a date night. Before the movie started I decided I was going to attempt to feed Calvin some rice cereal because every time I have tried, he never really got a hang of it. So after reading a few more things to help with sleeping, I decided I would feed him rice cereal around 7ish. Hoping that it would hold him over until the morning. To my AMAZEMENT Calvin actually ate it! He would open his mouth and want to have it there! It is so cute!

After eating, we started our movie, but then Calvin got tired. We put him in his crib, after making sure everything was done, and let him cry it out. I would go in about every 15-20 minutes when I started to hear him hyperventilating and he would instantly calm down, but the second i left, he would start crying again. He cried for about an hour, but then fell right asleep. He didn't wake up until 730am!! Yep, it was 10:00pm-7:30am! When I woke up the next morning, I kept asking Joel if he went down to take care of Calvin while I was asleep, but he didn't!

Then Saturday, we were at Cody and Jody's house watching a movie and he fell asleep pretty early...like 7:30pm or something like that. He stayed asleep (even with putting him in the car seat, changing his diaper and putting him in PJ's) until about 3:30am..I let him cry for a while, and he woudl fall back asleep. Then around 6:30am he decided he wasn't tired and was wide awake! UGH...but at least he slept a long period of time. We went back to sleep around 730am and then he got up around 10am.

Last night, I put him to bed around 1030pm and he was crying, so Joel went and rocked him to sleep. He was out by 11:00pm and then he didn't wake up again until 5:30am. I fed him for a second and then he went back to sleep until 8:15ish. All in all, I think it is working pretty well. I just have to be better at making sure we are sticking to our schedule and doing everything in order so that he has a peaceful slumber...and me too! LOL

No comments: