Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Discovery Health Channel

About a week ago or so, I received a text for our angel, Cassandra....this is pretty normal, since we stay in contact frequently through texting, but this particular day, she was so excited. She had been contacted by producers from the Discovery Health Program. They came across her story of being pregnant and not knowing it on her blog and contacted her right away.

Discovery Health Program just aired a new series called "I didn't know I was Pregnant" and the ratings were off the chart, so two more episodes were ordered and they asked Cassandra to be part of it. As she was speaking with the producers they were amazed that she put her baby up for adoption and asked if we could part of the filming as well.

I received a phone call from Mike Mathis Productions and was giving all the information and was asked if we would be willing to participate. I was very excited to help out, especially since it is highlighting the miracle of Cassandra finding us and blessing our lives through adoption. As I was speaking with the producer, he was expressing how they would pick a weekend and we could all get together to do the filming. That is when I was a little worried because we no longer live close to Cassandra. I said to him "well, I don't want to put a kink in this, but we no longer live in Oregon." His response to that was that they could either send a film crew to us or if we would consider it, they would fly us to the Pacific Northwest for a weekend to do the filming. Without hesitation I told him we would love to be flown out to Oregon for this, and so we are!! All expenses paid, we are coming to Oregon for a weekend of filming and fun! SO EXCITED!!

Filming is going to be on Sunday, November 16th and the episode will air sometime in March of 2009. We will hopefully be flown out to Oregon on Saturday and return to Wyoming Monday night. It will be very quick, but it should be AMAZING! I am kind of nervous traveling with a 3 1/2 month old, but people do it all the time, and I need my practice since I am going to be coming home for a two week visit in February! Hahaha!

Ideally we want to spend time and get to see our friends again, so..............can we make it happen? It is going to be a very busy weekend, but we should have time to see people, if we had a group get together or something. Let me know what you think.... :)

And who knows, maybe we will be able to be blessed with another child through adoption this way...although, we are highly considering (98%) doing foster care for infants with the hope of adopting that way...it is a little cheaper on the pocket book!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lila, that's great! What an awesome chance to share your story and talk about the miracle of adoption. Good luck, you'll have to post when it will air so we can all watch.

L. Strasser said...

put a plug in for your amazing photography and your adoption website!!! this could be your big break! i am so excited for you guys! i hope that this leads to another adoption! that would be so great

dust and kam said...

Wow! That is pretty cool! I am so excited for you! :)

Chelsi Chipps said...

yay!! we get to see you!!! We miss you mucho!

Dun said...

congrats! that's rad!

we loved our get-there-on-saturday-leave-on-monday trip!

the milners said...

That's so cool! What an opportunity!

Melissa said...

and could you mention that we are still waiting too...??? =) I'm so excited for you!!! You guys are amazing!

mattandwendy4ever said...

That is really exciting Lila, you will have to let us know when it airs, we would love to see it!

David and Kimber Strasser said...

Yipee! I would love to help organize a get together. I will call you soon to talk more about it if you want. I am so excited for you. That is so neat.

Nelson Family said...

Very cool! And, yes, I did paint her fingernails. I love little girls.

Cali and Travis said...

I cannot wait to see it!

S. Fantasia said...

That's awesome. I'm glad they made a show about this because, as a currently and previously pregnant lady, I have NEVER understood how someone "could not know" they were pregnant. CRAZY! I'll be interested to see what they thought was going on when they felt their baby kicking and saw their tummies growing (even if it only grew a little). Or contractions? Really? How does someone rationalize that? I must watch and see!

The Bluths said...

Sweet! When do they aire the show? You'll have to post that so we can all record it (I'm sure you don't know right now anyway). Pretty cool though!

Becky W said...

We would definately love to see you guys when you come out!

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, that is so cool! Can't wait to see the episode aired!