Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Baby is 3 Months Old!!








Calvin is three months today! Wow, time is sure flying by! We had our final visit with a new caseworker from Utah today....it went great! We had a great visit with him and now just have to wait for him to type up the report, send it to our caseworker in Oregon, and then our caseworker in Oregon will do his final assessment and send that paperwork to our lawyer, and then our lawyer will send all his paperwork to the court system and we should be good to finalize our Adoption!! I am hoping it will all go through by December, but I don't know how long it will actually take....time will tell! We are so excited to get him sealed to us! It will be a happy happy day for us all! Once we have the adoption finalized, we might consider signing up for infant foster care....I really want another baby, but we can't afford to adopt right away and I really doubt that my body will work still, so infant foster care sounds like it could be fun. And who knows, maybe we will be able to adopt through the foster care system...I know it is possible...

I really don't ever leave the house, so I am going to get a job application for the recreation center here and see if I can get hired on in the nursery working 10-15 hours a week...that way I can bring Calvin to work with me, he can socialize, i can socialize and I can bring in a little bit of income at the same time. Who knows if it will actually work...there are a lot of things pending on if I actually go through with this or not, but it is something I am planning on doing.

Joel still loves his job and is starting to learn a few new things...he still has a ways to go, but he learns quick and is having a fun time going on ride-alongs with his co-worker.

We are going to try to go to Rexburg the first part of Novemeber to visit our dear friends, Matt and Shannon, as well as see some family members we have there. I am excited because I am hoping to go to the Rexburg temple and enjoying it's beauty....along with eating at Big Juds, the Backyard, Papa Kelsey's and actually being in a city that has things open past 11pm. haha

1 comment:

Becky W said...

I'm right there with you Lila. I've been on maternity leave for 3 weeks now and am bored out of my mind! I hope things work out for you. :)