Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekly Goal

Wowzers...where in the heck did January go? I mean honestly, where did it go. I am trying to think how it passed by so quickly, but I think I missed the middle two weeks or something. Man o' man.

I decided that one thing I am going to try is to write down a few goals I would like to achieve and attempt to concur at least one a week. To start I will probably keep it simple, but as my energy increases and my goals are actually being reached, then I may add two goals to accomplish each week. I have realized lately that having a blog and having dedicated readers can really help you stay motivated and make you feel like there are people you are accountable to report back to. Sometimes it is hard for me to want to do something because I am the only one who will know about it, so accountability is useless. I am probably going to make you say at times something like "what a useless goal to attempt" or "shouldn't she do that anyway..."...but trust me when I say I struggle to find motivation to even do the everyday tasks at times.

My goal this week (which will be complete by Saturday night) will be to organize, fold and put away all the children's clothing.

Too many times I make such simple tasks extremely complicated, which by doing so holds me back from actually finishing the task. I fold and put away children clothes all the time..but I get distracted by organizing and storing them. I hate pulling out clothes that don't fit my children anymore. My basement is full of totes and clothing just laying around because I don't take the time to organize it. If i could get the basics down, then it wouldn't be such an ordeal I suspect. The other problem is that i really only want to have one tote per size, but I have an ABUNDANCE of clothes. I have a tote for 0-6, 6-9, 12, & 18 months for each child. I KNOW RIGHT?!! Well the big thing is that I literally have an addiction to buying children's clothes..and when I go to simplify my wardrobe collection I struggle to get rid of the items because they are SO DARN CUTE!! (see what I mean, I have an addiction) haha I usually focus on buying for the year ahead and am preparing for garage sales soon to start getting boy 3T-4T and girl 2T-3T...I just have a fear that my kids wont have any clothes or something when they get older, so that is why I buy them! I guess it will all be okay in the end, but I just need to focus on this goal for the week. I will try to get a before and after picture of the mess so that you can tell there has been an improvement!

So, what do you say, will you help me obtain my goals? I would love it if you would even write on my facebook page at times something like "keeping up on your weekly goal" or something like that....it would probably make me laugh and say, "oh yeah, better work on that". Thanks again for everything!

Oh and another thing I need to work harder at doing is taking more pictures of the babies...I will do that, without even making it a weekly goal....it will just be something I do. Maybe a picture a day, that might be fun!

Whelp, see you later!

Photobucket


3 comments:

David and Kimber Strasser said...

good luck with the organizing. I just bagged the sizes and vacuum packed them and they are all in one big tote. We used just regular garbage bags and the vacuum hose and it worked great. Labeled the bags and throw it in the tote. Saves a lot of room.

Guh said...

if taking a pic and posting it gets in the way of the goals, dont do it, but if not- totally take a pic of your goal before and after. i think that'd b way cool.

love the vaccum sealed idea too! super rad!

Guh said...

so... how are the goals going...?