Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ever Feel Like You Should be Running a Thousand Miles a Minute??

Hi there blog world...a world in which neglect is present...thankfully it isn't a reported crime or I would be up a creek for sure! haha

At this very moment I am waiting for the clock to strike 12:01am so I can register for my next semester class at BYUI. Even though I am only taking one class that is 3 credits, I still feel the need to get into my competitive nature and pray for an opening. I have been reflecting all week on the class I should take and I finally narrowed it down to Beginning Financial Management. Yuck I know, but it will be so helpful I think. Especially this time of year because I am planning on launching my photography business this month or next month, and having an upper-hand on the finacial part of it is key. Looks like I will be able to get into it because as of now there are 34 seats available out of 45. Cross your fingers! haha Spring semester and probably Summer semester will be my last one class semesters. I qualified for pell grants starting in Fall of 2010, and to keep them I have to take a minimum of 6 credits, which is equviallent to two classes most of the time. My student review states that I am 43.6% done with my degree...I don't think I will ever get it at this rate, but you know, I can only do what I afford and have time for.

Speaking of time, I feel like I have so much going on that it is a miracle my head is on straight (even though sometimes it isn't). Here is what runs through my mind on a daily basis of as tasks I have to do or tasks I will be doing shortly: full time mommy, part time work, part time student, part time photography business, activities chairman, playgroup organizer, house cleaner (insert almost all chores here), teacher, friend, babysitter, money organizer, wife....I am sure I could add more to this if needs be. Seems pretty crazy, and yes it is a lot of work, but I guess I manage to find time to waste here and there so something is working out okay. :o) There are times that I want to just stop in my tracks and try to have a moment to myself, but that rarely happens...or when it does things around the house slack and messes occur. Life is wonderful huh?!

Took Cbaby to the doctor today to check on a sickness he has and took the liberty to note his weight and height. He was 40 inches (which puts keeps him still going strong in the 90th percentile) and he weighed 30lbs which puts him right about 50th percentile it looks like. That isn't too bad. He is definitely a big boy though. I had my first moment of people giving me odd looks because of how he was acting the other day...these looks were defined as "shouldn't your child be acting a little more his age?". Cbaby has a good inch or two over most of my friend's 2year olds. I even have a friend who has a 3 year old that Cbaby is maybe 2 inches shorter than. I will have to deal with the "why doesn't he act his age" issues forever, but I guess I just wasn't quite prepared for it already. I have him in 2T pants and shirts, but some of those shirts are starting to get short on the arms. I actually have two or three shirts that are 3T that I put him in on occation. Can you believe that? He is a monster! I am trying to muster up the strength to cut his hair too...it is just so uneven and looks like such a mess all the time. I think this weekend would be a great opportunity for me to attempt a buzz...my plan is to bribe him with a sucker or something while I am cuting his hair. A little hair in his mouth wont kill him. :o)

We are still waiting for information about Bbaby's adoption. We are hoping we will finalize by the end of the month, but you never really know. Hurry up and wait is the story of adoptive couples, and there is certainly no exception for us in this category. Bbaby is doing great though. She response to her "new name" without hesitation now and saying new words everyday. She is funny because she signs so well but NEVER says that words she is signing except for Daddy. Her newest word or phrase really is "what's that"...in a high pitched girly attitude. I will have to video it soon. It is darling. Along with that she says "oh yeah", "uh oh", "diaper", "shirt", ect. She is so cute!!

I have had a lot of thought going through my mind lately about the situation we will be in come 4 years from now when Cbaby will start kindergarten. Although the kids are only 3.5 months apart, they will be in different grades in school....all the while learning the same times. We have talked about seeing how Cbaby is doing and possibly holding him back, but the thought came to me the other day that it is probably easier to get Bbaby to skip a grade then to hold Cbaby back. I think it is a great idea, and if it doesn't happen no big deal...but they will literally be on the same learning curve together. Once Cbaby starts kindergarten I plan to teach Bbaby along side him. So much to think about it seems, but I know the best situation will happen...regardless of what it is. And I know it is so far away, but I like to think about the future and know what situations I might face.

Whelp, better go register for class and go to bed. Love me some sleep especially since I have work and homework to do tomorrow, along with being a mommy! Love you all...leave some comment love would you?! Thanks
Photobucket


11 comments:

David and Kimber Strasser said...

When I cut Porter's hair, I just give him a couple bath toys that he likes in an empty tub and buzz away. It never turns out perfect, but kids are hard. Then I just wash down the hair. Good luck!
It was good to talk to you the other night! You are amazing, doing all you are doing.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

wow, you sure have a lot on your plate! and add 2 blogs to that list too :)
how's your photography business going?
Linda

S. Fantasia said...

I thought 43% completed sounded good. Haha.

About the schooling? When is Cbaby's bday? I ask because, especially for a boy, there are a lot of perks to holding him back a year if his birthday falls anytime after about April. Boys learn at a slower rate than girls, so being among the youngest in the class can be trying. You may consider just keeping him an extra year in preschool which would put him with B.

But why are you so worried about them being in the same grade? Such is life with school-age cut-offs. Eli only missed his allowance into preschool next year by about a month. Ugh. Thus, he has to wait one more year but I'm not worried because that will make him among the oldest in his classes which, from many Mommies I know, is GREAT. I know 3 Moms who kept the spring/summer birthday kiddos back a year to allow them to be the oldest and not the youngest in their classes.

LOVE YOU!

Guh said...

wow, lila. i actually think it's awesome that you're plugging away at school. at least you're not sitting stale :D

you're so lucky to be able to see into your future like that. i love the idea both ways. it may be good for them to have 'space' from each other and be in different grades, but it may be fun to be in the same grade and have all the same friends and activities going on... course, either way it might just all even out in high school.

look at me, even i'm having fun thinking about it!

Guh said...

gu was here

Rachel said...

Way to keep everything going! You're amazing, and have therefore been awarded the Beautiful Blogger Award. Congratulations!!

Guh said...

hey girlie! hope your day is peachy!

Guh said...

i hope my dorky little comments every day don't bug you. I just wanted to let you know that i was checkin in. I sometimes wonder if anyone looks at my blog.

Guh said...

hi! happy weekend!

Guh said...

whatupyoyowhatup?

Guh said...

hiya!

sorry to hear about your nasty-roads-weather over the weekend! NO FUN!