The News We Have Been Praying For...
Today we got word that Pretty Princess's mom is going to relinquish her rights! (For those of you who don't know, we are doing foster care and have had Pretty Princess in our home for 9 months now...we got her at 6 months old and have been praying for the chance to adopt her these last few months) Friday, instead of going to a termination hearing, we will be going to a Placement hearing, where her mom will willing give up her rights to parent both her and her oldest sister. We are so excited!! It is such a blessing for us and a comfort to our minds as well. Countless nights have been spent in fear and tears because there was such uncertainty. But now, hopefully, we will have all this past us and add Pretty Princess to our family FOREVER! We are so excited!!
You better believe that i am already planning our adoption party (which will be the equivalent of a baby shower and birthday party mixed)!! Hopefully in May we will finalize the adoption and then plan for the sealing! I better get on my workout plan STAT!! I need to look good for those pictures that are coming up!!

5 comments:
I am so HAPPY for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
That is such great news! My sister Jen and Kacey are thinking about doing the foster program and are taking a course to get more acquainted with it. How exciting for you guys!
YEA! THAT's SOO coool CHickdee! Oh i can't wait for any of it!
HOORAY! I wish I could use BIGGER font! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!
my eyes fill with tears of joy for you and your family. congratulations!!
Post a Comment