Saturday afternoon, after we said our goodbyes to my family, we headed over to Paul and Anna's house for a fun visit. Joel, Paul and Anna all served in the same mission in France and have stayed close friends ever since. The last time we saw them was right after we got married, so this was almost a five year reunion. We had a lot of fun! We ate lunch and then talked for about three hours or so, then we went out site seeing. We had made plans to go to This is the Place Monument and see the little village, but we got there too early and decided that instead we would drive down to see the lights at temple square. Joel nor I had ever seen them in real life, so we were excited to get this oppurtunity. It was very pretty and lots of fun. After the lights we went to the Training Table (yumm!!) to eat. It was great as always and then we said our goodbyes and headed home. The drive took us about 2 and a half hours...we got home around 11pm and then I stayed up until around 2am finishing the talk I was giving in church the next day! Yeah, I know, crazy, but it was one of the best talks I have ever given....really!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
The Lights at Temple Square
Saturday afternoon, after we said our goodbyes to my family, we headed over to Paul and Anna's house for a fun visit. Joel, Paul and Anna all served in the same mission in France and have stayed close friends ever since. The last time we saw them was right after we got married, so this was almost a five year reunion. We had a lot of fun! We ate lunch and then talked for about three hours or so, then we went out site seeing. We had made plans to go to This is the Place Monument and see the little village, but we got there too early and decided that instead we would drive down to see the lights at temple square. Joel nor I had ever seen them in real life, so we were excited to get this oppurtunity. It was very pretty and lots of fun. After the lights we went to the Training Table (yumm!!) to eat. It was great as always and then we said our goodbyes and headed home. The drive took us about 2 and a half hours...we got home around 11pm and then I stayed up until around 2am finishing the talk I was giving in church the next day! Yeah, I know, crazy, but it was one of the best talks I have ever given....really!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
u're a lot better than me, AAron and i were asked to speak on sunday but we told them we were going to be out of town for the holiday...
The lights downtown are pretty, I just lament that I didn't bring my camera when we took the kiddos!
Jason wanted me to hold him the whole time we were there. I wish I could have enjoyed it better.
I have never seen the lights in real life either but you provided me with some angles I had never seen before. I can't even imagine the amount of lights they use. Beats the heck out of "Christmas Vacation".
I would love to have been there. It is so beautiful. Love the pictures. Am glad to hear you had a good thanksgiving.
I really want to go there sometime around christmas! it looks like so much fun!
Oh and I heard something..maybe from joe i can't remember..about how they start putting those lights up in august!! crazy!
Hey, guys, thanks again for the good times. It was great seeing you and catching up, and Calvin is adorable. I'm so glad that it will all be legal for you soon so that you can be sealed.
Post a Comment